12 thawed flat iron steaks
2 ¼ cups Japanese-style sesame teriyaki steak sauce, commercially prepared
24 bamboo skewers, soaked in water
Wasabi Mashed Potatoes Ingredients:
48 oz. prepared mashed potatoes, warm
6 Tbsps. butter, melted
¼ cup wasabe paste, commercially prepared
Stir-Fry Vegetables Ingredients:
¼ cup peanut oil
¼ cup sesame oil
18 oz. asparagus spears, fresh, blanched 2" diagonal sliced
12 oz. shiitake mushrooms, rehydrated according to package directions, drained
8 oz. snow peas, thawed
1. Slice each steak into 4 cubes. Transfer to large, nonreactive container; add 1 ½ cups steak sauce and toss evenly to coat meat. Cover and marinate below 40°F for 1 hour.
2. Drain marinated steak; thread 2 chunks of steak on each skewer. Char-grill skewers over medium-high heat for 4 to 5 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 145°F for 15 seconds, turning frequently to evenly grill. Remove from grill. Keep warm, above 140°F.
3. For the mashed potatoes: Combine potatoes, wasabi and butter in a bowl and whisk until fully blended. Keep warm.
4. For the vegetables: Working in several small batches, heat oils in large skillet or rondeau over high heat. Add vegetables and stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender-crisp. Keep warm.
5. To assemble each serving: place 3 oz. stir-fry vegetables on plate; arrange 2 steak skewers over vegetables. Place 4 oz. mashed potatoes on plate.
Photo and recipe: Tyson Foods, Inc.