YIElD: 3 quarts salad, 1 quart dressing
Lemon Tarragon Dressing:
4 cups mayonnaise
1 ⁄4 cup finely grated lemon zest
1 ⁄4 cup lemon juice
1 ⁄4 cup tarragon vinegar
1 Tbsp.dried tarragon leaves,crushed
1 tsp.ground black pepper
1 can solid white tuna,drained
1 1 ⁄2 cup red seedless grapes,halved
1 ⁄2 lb.toasted walnuts,chopped
2 cups celery,diced
1 cup yellow onion,diced
5 each hard boiled eggs,peeled and chopped
2 cups lemon Tarragon dressing
1. For dressing: Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Store in the refrigerator in a tightly covered container for no longer than 1 week.
2. In a large bowl, gently break up, but do not mash, the drained tuna.
3. Add the grapes, walnuts, diced celery, onion and chopped egg. Stir to mix.
4. Add the dressing and combine until evenly moistened. Keep chilled in a covered container until ready to serve.
5. Per Sandwich: Cut open bread. Spread tuna salad over lettuce, pressing down slightly. Top with remaining bread.
Recipe and photo by the California Table Grape Commission