Sat, 2006-07-15 12:00
Yield: 16 servings
8 cups TIO PEPE’S Churros
2 cans (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
6 large eggs
1 cup berry juice
2 1⁄2 cups hot water
8 Tbsps. butter, melted
2 tsps. cinnamon
2 tsps. vanilla
5 cups fresh berries (raspberries, blueberries, strawberries)
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Butter a 15" x 9" x 2" baking dish.
- For the custard: In a large bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk and eggs; blend well
- Add berry juice, hot water, melted butter, cinnamon and vanilla (set aside).
- Cut Churros into 2 inch pieces.
- Layer some of the Churro pieces in a greased baking dish.
- Top Churro pieces with some of the fresh berries.
- Pour half of the custard mixture into baking dish, evenly coating Churros and berries.
- Repeat layering with remaining ingredients. Pour remainder of custard mixture into baking dish.
- Bake 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool slightly and serve warm with ice cream, whipped topping, confectioners sugar or dessert sauce.
Submitted by J&J Snack Foods Corp.