Tue, 2007-05-01 12:00
Yield: 8 servings
8 4 oz. beef filet medallions cracked black pepper, to taste kosher salt, to taste
1 tsp. finely chopped rosemary
6 oz. extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup flour
4 Tbsps. minced shallots
2 Tbsps. minced garlic
1 cup shitake mushrooms, sliced
1 cup oyster mushrooms, sliced
1 cup porcini mushrooms, sliced
3/4 cup Madeira wine
3/4 cup crumbled goat cheese, divided
rosemary leaves, for garnish
- Season filets with salt, pepper, chopped rosemary, and 2 oz. olive oil.
- Dredge filets in flour, set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat 4 oz olive oil, add minced shallots and garlic. Sauté 15-20 seconds.
- Place filets and all the mushrooms in pan and saut? 2-3 minutes per side for medium rare. Remove filets.
- Deglaze pan with Madeira wine and reduce 1 minute.
- Whisk in 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese, whisk until cheese is melted. Reduce 2-3 minutes until sauce thickens. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To serve: Place sauce on plate and top with filet. Garnish with crumbled goat cheese and chopped rosemary.
Recipe from Chef Greg Girard, Evans Park at Newton Corner, Newton, MA (Unidine).