Thu, 2006-06-29 12:00
YIELD: 60 rolls
3 1/2 oz. soy shortening
1 cup mashed potatoes, hot
1 tsp. salt
2/3 cup sugar
1/4oz. active dry yeast
2 cups 2% milk
2 large eggs
1 qt., 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- Mix shortening, hot mashed potatoes, salt and sugar.
- Dissolve yeast in milk; add to potato mixture.
- Beat eggs in large bowl. Pour in potato mixture and stir well with a spoon. Gradually add flour to make a soft dough. Knead for 10 minutes. Proof dough until doubled in bulk.
- Form dough into 2 oz. balls and place on a fullsize sheet pan. Proof rolls until doubled.
- Bake at 450°F for 10 minutes.
Recipe from Donna Keyser, Foodservice Director, Manhattan/Ogden School District, Manhattan, KS. Photo from the Kansas Wheat Commission.