Sun, 2005-05-01 12:00
YIELD: 100 servings (5 wings ea.)
500 1st and 2nd joint wings
Kosher salt and ground black pepper, to taste
9 1/2 oz. sesame seed
1 1/4 gals. + 2 cups fancy ketchup
1 lb. garlic, chopped
1 qt. light soy sauce
1 qt. Teriyaki sauce
4 lbs. brown sugar
2 lbs., 4 oz. molasses
4 oz. kosher salt
3 oz. crushed red pepper
6 oz. Jamaican Jerk spice
- FOR CHICKEN: Preheat convection oven to 350°F. Sprinkle chicken wings with kosher salt and black pepper to taste. Bake wings for 25 minutes or until brown.
- FOR SAUCE: While wings bake, toast sesame seeds. Combine all remaining ingredients and mix well. Reserve.
- Cool chicken wings to 40°F. Toss cooled wings with half of the marinade. Put in cooler and marinate for two hours.
- Grill wings until marinade caramelizes, toss with extra marinade.
- TO SERVE: plate five wings, garnish with deep fried spinach and fine julienned carrots in a red pepper cup.
Submitted by Jill Bachelder, office/retail manager, MedCentral Health System, Mansfield, OH.