Tue, 2005-11-01 12:00
24 large eggs, beaten
2/3cup vegetable oil
2 Tbsps. garlic, minced
1/2 cup green onions, sliced
1/4 cup Jalapeno peppers, seeded, small dice
8 cups cooked rice, cold
6 cups tomatoes, diced
2 Tbsps. chili powder
1 Tbsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. salt
3 Tbsps. cilantro, chopped
1/2 cup taco sauce
3 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
1 1/2 cups sour cream
- Cook and scramble eggs over medium heat with 2 Tbsps. oil until firm throughout with no visible liquid egg remaining. Keep warm.
- Heat remaining oil to medium hot, add garlic, green onions and Jalapeno pepper; cook for 3 minutes.
- Add rice and stir until lightly coated with oil and heated through.
- Stir in tomatoes, chili powder, cumin, salt, cilantro and taco sauce; toss to heat through. Stir in eggs and mix well.
- Serve 1 cup Huevos Fried Rice topped with 1 oz. of cheddar cheese and 1 oz. sour cream. Garnish with cilantro sprig.
Source: Ron Hall, Mercy Hospital, Iowa City, IA