Yield: 4 servings
2 cups (12 oz.) Maple Leaf Farms Duck Confit, shredded
4 4 oz. Panini Rolls (6" x 2" 1/2")
1 cup Gorgonzola cheese, room temperature (4 oz.)
1/2 cup heavy cream
3/4 cup Anjou Pear, peeled, roasted and sliced
1/2 cup caramelized onion, sliced
- To assemble: Cut very thin slices of crust off the top of the rolls, disgard. Slice rolls in half lengthwise.
- Combine cheese and cream. Stir until mixture is smooth.
- Evenly spread Gorgonzola cream on each side of cut rolls.
- On bottom side of roll, place shredded duck. Cover edges of roll.
- Divide pear slices evenly over duck. Top each with onions and remaining bread.
- Heat a lightly oiled grill top. Place sandwiches on grill top. Weight sandwiches down and cook 5 minutes. Flip sandwiches and weight down, cooking 10 minutes more.
- Serve as an individual portion or cut into 6 finger sandwiches for hors d'oeuvre.
Recipe and photo from Mapleleaf Farms.