INGREDIENTS:2 ½ cups all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 ¼ cup firmly packed brown sugar
¼ cup butter
½ cup sour cream
1 ½ cup mashed banana
1 large egg
1 tsp. vanilla extract
¾ cup finely chopped semisweet chocolate, melted
½ cup heavy cream
4 oz. semisweet chocolate, finely choppedDIRECTIONS:1. Preheat oven to 375°F. In a medium bowl, combine flour and baking soda. Mix well with a wire whisk. Set aside.
2. Blend brown sugar and butter in a mixer. Scrape side of bowl. Add sour cream, banana, egg and vanilla and beat until smooth.
3. Add the flour mixture and blend until just combined. Do not overmix.
4. Gently fold in the melted chocolate and stir just until a marbled pattern develops.
5. Pour batter into a lightly oiled and floured pan.
6. Bake 40-50 minutes at 375°F or until cake tester comes out clean.
7. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes. Then invert the pan onto a rack and cool to room temperature.
8. To prepare ganache: Scald cream in a small saucepan. Remove from heat and add chocolate. Cover pan with lid and set aside. After about 15 minutes, stir frosting until it is smooth. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes.
9. Turn cake right side up onto a serving platter and frost liberally with the ganache.SERVINGS:1 cake, 16 portionsFrom:Executive Chef Leslie Ekstrand, Marconi Inc., Pittsburgh, PA (Parkhurst Dining)