YIELD: 2 pizzas
12 each chicken thighs, skinless, boneless
3/4 cup jerk marinade, prepared
1/2 cup barbecue sauce
1/2 cup mango chutney
3 cups pepper jack cheese, shredded
2 each fresh frozen mango halves, partially thawed and sliced
1 each red onion, sliced
1-3/4 cups fresh frozen pineapple chunks, partially thawed
2 each pizza crusts, ready made
1/2 cup fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- Marinate chicken thighs in jerk marinade in refrigerator, 4 hours or overnight. Remove from marinade; discard marinade.
- Bake chicken in 12x8-inch baking dish, sprayed with vegetable cooking spray, at 350°F, 25 minutes or until chicken reaches internal temperature of 165°F.
- Combine barbecue sauce and mango chutney in small saucepan to make pizza sauce. Simmer 10 minutes over low heat; stirring occasionally. Cool sauce 7 to 10 minutes.
- Spoon one half the sauce over each pizza crust. Spread half the cheese over each pizza.
- Slice chicken. Top each pizza with sliced chicken, mango slices, red onion and pineapple chunks.
- Bake pizza at 375°F, 20 to 25 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Cool 2 to 3 minutes; garnish with chopped cilantro. Cut and serve.
Recipe by Deidre Triplett, from the Art Institute in Atlanta, grand prize winner of the Dole Tropical Fruit Contest.