Fri, 2005-06-10 12:00
YIELD: 117 bars
1 lb. all purpose flour
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1 /2 tsp. salt
8 oz. stick margarine or butter, softened
1 lb. granulated sugar
4 eggs 2 tsps. pure vanilla extract
8 oz. low fat milk
10 oz. quick cooking oats
1 lb. frozen, unsweetened blueberries
12 oz. corn/rice cereal squares, coarsely crushed
- Have all ingredients at room temperature
- In a bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Place margarine and sugar in mixer, with the paddle attachment, mix at low speed until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat until smooth.
- Add milk, flour mixture, and oats; beat until blended, scraping down sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Stir in blueberries (batter will be stiff).
- Spread evenly in a greased 18 x 26 inch pan.
- Sprinkle cereal over top.
- Bake at 350° F until golden brown and tester comes out clean, about 40 minutes. Cool in pan. Cut in pan in 2-inch squares or 1-1/2 x 3-inch bars.
Recipe and photo from the U.S. Highbush Blueberry Council.