YIELD: 8 portions
2 cups wheat berries
1 pineapple, fresh, diced
2 pints blueberries, fresh
6 oz. baby spinach, fresh
¼ cup chopped mint
2 bunches micro greens
3 oz. pomegranate molasses
1 Tbsp. honey
1 oz. white balsamic vinegar
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Bring 3 cups of water and the wheat berries to a boil, cover, and reduce the heat to medium-low, cooking until the wheat berries are tender. Set aside.
2. Dice the pineapple. Mix the Blueberries, Pineapple and Daikon Greens with the grains.
3. Chop the mint.
4. Mix the herb and the grain mixture together.
5. In a separate bowl mix the pomegranate molasses, honey and vinegar.
6. Toss the dressing and the salad.
Recipe: John Graziano, Valley Hospital