YIELD: 4 SERVINGS
2 lbs. carrots, peeled, chopped
1¼ cups sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. vanilla extract
⅛ tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. cinnamon
¼ cup flour
¾ cup butter or margarine
1½ Tbsps. powdered sugar
1. Steam or boil the carrots until they are extra soft. Drain well.
2. In a mixing bowl while the carrots are hot add sugar, baking powder, and vanilla.
3. Whip with a mixer until smooth.
4. Add the spices to flour; add flour mixture to carrot mixture. Whip well.
5. Add the eggs, then the butter. Mix well.
6. Pour mixture into a greased baking dish. Make sure you only fill it half way as the soufflé will rise. Bake in a 350°F oven about 1 hour or until top is light golden brown.
7. Sprinkle with powdered sugar right before serving.
Recipe: Bryan Norris, district chef, Dell Dining, Georgetown, TX.