10 fresh or frozen shrimp, peeled
2 oz. pumpkin puree
1 oz. crumbled goat cheese, at room temperature
1 tsp. lemon juice
2 hearts frisee, hand torn
2 Tbsps. maple syrup
10 ½”-thick slices of baguette
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1. In a large skillet, cook shrimp in a good amount of boiling water for 2 to 3 minutes, until they lose their translucent nature and become whitish pink.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together pumpkin puree, goat cheese and lemon juice; set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine frisee, pumpkin seeds, apple cider vinegar and maple syrup; set aside.
4. Brush both sides of baguette slices lightly with olive oil. Arrange on a large baking sheet. Broil 3 to 4 inches from the heat about 2 minutes or until toasted, turning bread over once.
5. Spread pumpkin goat cheese mixture on one side of toasted baguette slices. Top each with some of the frisee mixture and one of the shrimp.
Recipe: Ahmed Mohammed, executive sous chef, University of Saskatchewan