The Association for Healthcare Foodservices (AHF) has announced the five finalists in its 2011 Culinary Competition. The five will face off at the group's annual conference in Phoenix in early June to determine the Culinary Champion.
The five finalist teams, with their winning dishes, are...
• Ronald Brandl, director of culinary operations, and Orlando Ramos, executive chef/production at NYU Langone Medical Center in New York City (Mediterranean-Style Chicken Roulade with Polenta Pepper-Stacks, Seared Asparagus and Toasted Pine Nuts)
• Yusie Kim, retail services supervisor, and Cornel Ruhland, chef de cuisine at NYU Langone Medical Center in New York City (Soy Paper Tropical Rice Roll filled with Grain Fed Chicken Thigh accompanied by Crisp Organic Vegetable Salad)
• Angelo Mojica, director of food & nutrition services, and Shawn Dolan, executive chef, at UNC Healthcare in Chapel Hill, NC (Asian Street Cart Named Desire)
• Mary Verona, director of food & nutrition services, and Justin Klobucar, chef, at Sts. Mary and Elizabeth Medical Center in Chicago (Lucky Wonton Chicken Tacos served on Purple Rice with Pickled Cucumber Slaw & Atomized Ginger Vapor) and
• Jim McGrody, director of food & nutrition services, and Ryan Conklin, chef, at REX Healthcare in Raleigh, NC.
The AHF Culinary Competition is sponsored by Tyson Foods.