Top hospital administrators lose jobs over lax food safety standards.
A food poisoning incident that resulted in three patient deaths at Central Louisiana State Hospital in Pineville cost two top administrators their jobs. The incident this past May, which also sickened 42 patients and a dozen staff, was traced to improperly stored chicken salad infected with a common pathogen, clostridium perfringens. A subsequent investigation by state health officials uncovered “serious operational process and management deficiencies” in both the dietary services ...
Register to view this Article
Why Register for FREE?
Registering for Premium Content on Food Management will give you INSTANT access to invaluable articles and media content that industry professionals rely on. You will have access to our special reports, feature articles, and industry analysis. It’s FREE, easy and quick.