- US Foodservice, the second largest foodservice distributor in the U.S., has announced plans to establish a specialized systems division dedicated specifically to serving multi-unit foodservice customers. The new unit, to be called North Star Foodservice..
- U.S. Foodservice, the second largest broadline foodservice distributor in the U.S., is being acquired from Dutch grocery chain operator Royal Ahold NV by a pair of private equity firms
- Compass Group PLC has announced that it had settled two lawsuits filed in the United States by competitors claiming damages following allegations of corrupt activities in some of its contracts with the United Nations
- United Natural Foods, the natural fods industry's largest distributor organization, reported recently that its foodservice sector revenues, led by the school and university market, increased 60% in the past year
- Court Tosses Servers Lawsuit Against Levy