- Ahold putting financial house in order
- Waterbury (CT) Hospital has filed a federal class-action lawsuit against US Foodservice, the nation's second-largest food distributor, alleging it overcharged the hospital and other clients
- US Foodservice, the second largest foodservice distributor in the U.S., has announced plans to establish a specialized systems division dedicated specifically to serving multi-unit foodservice customers. The new unit, to be called North Star Foodservice..
- FoodHandler, Inc., parent BarrierSafe Solutions International (BSSI) has been acquired by private equity firms Linden LLC and The Edgewater Funds
- United Natural Foods, the natural fods industry's largest distributor organization, reported recently that its foodservice sector revenues, led by the school and university market, increased 60% in the past year