YIELD: 48 servings
5 lb. 4 oz. hard-cooked eggs, peeled and coarsely chopped
3 lbs. cooked ham, chopped
3 lbs. bell pepper, finely chopped
1 lb. onion, finely chopped
pepper, to taste
1 lb. 8 oz. shredded American cheese
1 lb. 8 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
48 English muffins, split in half
- Heat conventional oven to 350°F.
- Mix eggs, ham, bell pepper, onion, and pepper in bowl. In spray-coated 12x20x2-inch pans, portion about 9 cups per pan.
- In separate bowl, mix cheeses; sprinkle 1 lb. 8 oz. cheese mixture over egg mixture in each pan.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes until cheese is melted and mixture is thoroughly heated.
- Bake English muffins on baking sheets in oven for 5 minutes.
- Cut each pan into 24 sections. For each serving, use spatula/scoop to lift section onto each muffin bottom. Cover with a muffin top; serve immediately.
Recipe submitted by the American Egg Board