YIELD: 50 servings
Photo Credit: The National Turkey Federation
1 1/4 qts. cranberry juice
1/4 cup sugar
2 Tbsps. cornstarch
1 1/4 cups raspberry vinegar
1 1/4 qts. frozen raspberries in syrup
6 cups hazelnuts
4 lbs. tender spinach leaves, cleaned, dried and stemmed
Vegetable oil spray, as needed
4 3/4 lbs. Parmesan cheese, coarsely grated
3 1/2 lbs. Parmesan cheese, finely grated
12 1/2 lbs. cooked turkey, smoked turkey breast or pulled white turkey, cut into 1/2-inch cubes and chilled
- FOR THE VINAIGRETTE: Heat cranberry juice to a boil, stir in sugar and cornstarch and cook to thicken. Cool. Add raspberry vinegar and frozen raspberries. Cover and hold for service.
- TO TOAST NUTS: In a preheated 375°F oven, toast hazelnuts for about 10 minutes. Allow to cool. Coarsely chop. Cover and reserve for service.
- Prepare spinach by tearing into bite sized pieces. Cover and refrigerate for service
- Prepare Parmesan shell by spraying an 8-inch nonstick sautè pan with vegetable oil spray. Heat pan over medium heat.
- FOR EACH SHELL, add 1/3 cup coarsely grated Parmesan to the bottom of the sautè pan, distributing the cheese evenly across the pan. Allow the cheese to bubble for about 30 seconds before adding an additional 1/4 cup of finely grated Parmesan.
- When the cheese starts to turn golden brown, remove from the pan and place over a mold or a small stainless steel bowl. Allow to cool.
- FOR SERVICE: Lightly toss together chilled spinach leaves, chilled turkey and hazelnuts.
- Portion salad among the cooled Parmesan shells. Serve the dressing on the side. Serve immediately.
Recipe provided by Executive Chef Glenn Feeny, Wood Company, Wilmington, DE.