Yield: about 100, 20 oz. meatballs
1/2 cup raw garlic, minced
4 onions, minced, caramelized
1 lb. corn kernels, sautèed
2 lbs button mushrooms, sautèed
10 lbs. ground turkey
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1 qt. ketchup
5 Tbsps. salt
1 Tbsp. pepper
1/2 qt. breadcrumbs
1/2 qt. grated parmesan cheese
1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Place garlic, onions, corn and mushrooms in a food processor and blend into a thick paste.
- Place ground turkey in a large bowl.
- Add vegetable paste mixture.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, salt, pepper, breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese and vegetable oil. Mix well and form into meatballs.
* For a beef flavor, you can add 1 heaping tablespoon of Knorrs beef base plus 1 cup of water. A 1/4 cup of Montreal Steak Seasoning can also be substituted for the beef base.
Recipe from Fred Scherger, Regional District Manager, Whitson's.