Yield: 1 serving
1 Tbsp. cranberry sauce, canned
1 12" whole wheat flour tortilla
1 /2 cup bread stuffing, from mix, prepared according to package directions 2 oz. cooked turkey, sliced
poultry gravy, prepared from dry mix or scratch seasoned oil, as needed*
- For each wrap: Place the cranberry sauce in a bowl and beat with a spoon so that it becomes easier to spread. Place 1 Tbsp. cranberry sauce in the center of the flour tortilla and, using the back of the spoon, spread to within 1 inch of the edges.
- Spoon 1 /2 cup stuffing onto the center of the tortilla shell horizontally from edge to edge. Do not press down on the stuffing, it should look like a long tube of stuffing.
- Place 2 oz. thinly sliced turkey over the stuffing encasing it while tucking the turkey slices under the stuffing.
- Fold the tortilla wrap style by bringing the top edge of the flour tortilla over the filling and tucking the edge under the filling to enclose it. Bring the two sides into the center over the enclosed filling. Continue to roll the flour tortilla until you have a long thin tube with both ends securely tucked in.
- Place the filled tortilla seam side down on a sheet pan that has been sprayed with pan spray or brushed lightly with plain vegetable oil. Brush the tops of the filled tortillas with seasoned oil.
- Bake in a 450°F oven until golden brown in color, approximately 10 minutes..
- Serve the finished wraps with 2 oz. of poultry gravy for dipping.
*Vegetable oil flavored with a combination of any/all of the following: granulated garlic, onion powder, salt, black pepper, paprika, oregano, basil, dry parsley.
Submitted by Diane Ganci, Chartwells regional chef, Mid Atlantic Area.