Yield: 20 servings
1 1/2 cups wagon wheel pasta (dry)
3 qt. water
1 cup black-eyed peas
1/2 cup cider vinegar
2 Tbsps. salad oil
1/2 cup celery, chopped
1/4 cup peppers, chopped
1/4 cup green onions
1 Tbsp. diced pimentos
1 dash Tabasco Sauce
1 Tbsp. chili peppers, sliced
1/2 tsp. salt 1 tsp. pepper
1/2 cup green olives, sliced
3/4 cup ripe olives, sliced
1/2 cup, 2 Tbsps. Hellman's mayo
2 Tbsp. Thick & Chunky Salsa
1 cup frozen corn, cooked
- Cook pasta aldente. Drain, rinse in cold water, and drain again.
- Drain and rinse the black-eyed peas.
- Mix in large bowl vinegar, oil, celery, green pepper, onions, pimento, Tabasco, chilies, salt, pepper, olives, mayo and salsa.
- Add pasta, corn and peas. Toss gently.
- Refrigerate for 24 hrs. before serving.
Recipe from Margaret Empie, assistant director, catering and retail services, University of Northern Iowa.