Yield: 8 servings (24 oz)
4 Maple Leaf Farms Duck Breasts, skin on (8 oz. ea.)
6 Tbsps. Kosher salt
3 Tbsps. light brown sugar
1 bay leaf
2 qts. water
1 cup tea, Lapsang
- Combine salt, sugar, and bay leaf in water to make brine. Mix well.
- Score duck breast skin and place in brine for about 20 minutes. Remove duck breast and pat dry.
- Place tea in a small heap in center of 6" hotel pan lined with foil. Insert 4" perforated hotel pan and place brined ducks in center, skin side up.
- Cover pans with foil and place over low flame directly under the tea.
- Smoke for 20 to 30 minutes checking for doneness with meat thermometer (160°F). Remove, skin, cool, and wrap individually in foil. Reserve. use in the Duck Salad recipe that follows.
Recipe and photo from Mapleleaf Farms.