- Oneida Ltd., has signed a letter of intent to be acquired by two of its shareholders
- Waterbury (CT) Hospital has filed a federal class-action lawsuit against US Foodservice, the nation's second-largest food distributor, alleging it overcharged the hospital and other clients
- Illinois Secretary of State Jesse White has canceled the contract to run cafeterias in the Illinois Capitol and Stratton buildings, citing complaints about food quality, sanitation and service
- Aramark Corp. has acquired Les Connaisseurs, an office coffee and refreshments provider based in Quebec, Canada, with about 1,200 client locations in eastern Ontario and southwestern Quebec.
- Aramark Corp. has acquired SeamlessWeb Professional Solutions, Inc.