- Sysco Corp. has signed a letter of intent to acquire the foodservice business of Bunn Capitol Co., a foodservice distributor based in Springfield, IL.
- US Foodservice, the second largest foodservice distributor in the U.S., has announced plans to establish a specialized systems division dedicated specifically to serving multi-unit foodservice customers. The new unit, to be called North Star Foodservice..
- Unidine Corp. has announced that it has purchased a 49% stake in City Fresh Foods
- Waterbury (CT) Hospital has filed a federal class-action lawsuit against US Foodservice, the nation's second-largest food distributor, alleging it overcharged the hospital and other clients
- Lancaster Colony Corp. has acquired Marshall Biscuit Company, Inc., a privately owned producer and marketer of frozen rolls and biscuits