Yield: 10 servings
1 1/2 cups bread crumbs
5 Tbsps. butter, melted
3 pkgs. cream cheese (8 oz. ea.), at room temperature
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 tsp. allspice
1/2 tsp. cayenne
1 pinch salt as needed white pepper
4 large eggs, at room temperature
1 cup Swiss cheese, shredded
1 pkg. frozen chopped spinach (10 oz.), thawed, squeezed dry
2 1/2 Tbsps. green onions, sliced
3 Tbsps. butter, softened
1 lb. mushrooms, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix bread crumbs and melted butter; press into bottom of 9-inch spring form pan. Bake 10 minutes; cool.
- Lower oven to 325°F. Beat cream cheese, heavy cream, allspice, cayenne, salt and pepper until smooth. Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Divide cream cheese mixture into two bowls. Fold Swiss cheese into one bowl; reserve. Fold spinach and green onions into the other. Pour the spinach mixture evenly over the cooled bread crumb crust.
- Sautè mushrooms in 3 Tbsps. butter until moisture has evaporated. Spoon evenly over spinach mixture. Pour Swiss cheese mix over mushrooms.
- Bake for 11/2 hours. Turn oven off. Cool in oven for 1 hour with door ajar. Serve at room temperature.
Recipe from University of Wyoming Catering.