Yield: 6 servings
3/4 tsp. balsamic vinegar
1/4 tsp. garlic, fresh, chopped
1/8 tsp. salt
4 Tbsps. olive oil/vegetable oil blend
6 ea. chicken breasts, 5 oz. thawed
Black pepper, table grind, to taste
Cilantro sour cream sauce:
5 Tbsps. sour cream
5 Tbsps. cilantro, fresh, minced
1/8 tsp. salt
2 5/8 tsps.lime juice, fresh
1/2 tsp. lime zest, minced
2 5/8 tsps. lime juice, fresh
2 Tbsps. + 2 tsps. red wine vinegar
1/8 tsp. black pepper
1 Tbsp. sugar, light brown, packed
11/2 tsps. ginger root, minced
7 oz. mango, diced 1/4" or frozen
1 3/4 oz. raisins
1/2 oz. green onions, minced
9 Tbsps. mayonnaise:
2 Tbsps. + 11/2 tsps. sour cream
5/8 tsp. curry powder
4 1/2 oz. cashews, chopped
2 Tbsps. parsley, fresh, minced
3 oz. red peppers, roasted
1/4" dice 6 5 oz. chicken breasts,1/2" dice
6 ea. tortilla, spinach, 12"
4 1/2 oz. spinach, fresh
- To prepare chicken: Combine together all marinade ingredients except chicken, mix well.
- Coat chicken breast with marinade. CCPCover and refrigerate at 40°F or below for 1-2 hours, discard excess marinade.
- Place the marinated chicken breast on a hot charbroiler or grill.
- Grill until marked on both sides. Finish in 325°F oven, CCP-minimum internal temperature reaches 165°F (for 15 seconds).
- Hold hot at 140°F or above for service or cool quickly (per HACCP) to 40°F or below. (Shelf life: Use within 48 hours.) CCP-Reheat quickly (per HACCP) to 165°F (for 15 seconds).
- For relish: Combine lime juice, vinegar, pepper, brown sugar and ginger in a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Add the remaining ingredients and toss to coat. CCP-Chill quickly (per HACCP) to 40°F or below. Shelf life: Use within 48 hours.
- For sauce: Combine all ingredients, mix thoroughly. Store in a squeeze bottle. CCP-Chill quickly (per HACCP) to 40°F or below. Shelf life: Use within 48 hours.
- For chicken salad: Combine mayonnaise, sour cream, curry powder, cashews, parsley and roasted peppers, mix until well blended. Add the chicken and toss to coat. CCP-Chill quickly (per HACCP) to 40°F or below for use within 48 hours.
- For each wrap: Steam or griddle tortilla to soften. Place 5 oz. of chicken salad down the center. Top with 2 Tbsps. mango relish. From a squeeze bottle, squeeze 2 Tbsps. cilantro sour cream over relish, top with 3/4 oz. spinach. Roll the wrap tightly "burrito" style. Serve immediately. (Shelf life: If leftover, do not reuse.)
Recipe from Emmet Fennessey, CEC, executive chef at Thomson West in Eagan, MN (Sodexho USA). Photo: Angelo Caggiano.