YIELD: 36 slices
6 cups milk
3⁄4 cup pepper-flavored vodka
1⁄2 cup fresh chives, chopped
12 eggs, beaten
3⁄4 tsp. salt
1⁄4 tsp. pepper
36 baguette slices, sliced
3/4-in. on the bias
12 Tbsps. olive oil
13⁄4 lbs. smoked halibut (36 3⁄4-oz. slices)
3⁄4 cup sour cream
1⁄4 cup tomatoes, diced
- Make French toast batter by whisking together milk, vodka, 6 Tbsps. chives, eggs, salt and pepper. Hold refrigerated.
- For each portion, dip 3 baguette slices in 1⁄2 cup egg mixture, coating both sides.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. olive oil in skillet over medium heat. Cook bread sliced 3-4 minutes on each side until lightly browned and cooked through.
- When French toast is done, place on serving plate.
- Drape 1 slice of smoked halibut over each piece of French toast.
- Garnish each piece of toast with 1 tsp. sour cream, and sprinkle 1⁄2 tsp. chives and 1 tsp. diced tomato over plate.
Recipe from Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute.
ALASKA SEAFOOD MARKETING INSTITUTE