Yield: 20 servings
1 /2 cup canola oil
3 medium onions, chopped
3 medium green bell peppers, seeded, chopped
6 cloves garlic, minced
5 lbs. ground turkey
2 1 /2 pints chili suce
1 /3 cup Worcestershire sauce
salt to taste
1 1 /2 tsps. black pepper
20 hamburger buns, split, toasted
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, bell pepper and garlic; sauté until softened.
- Add turkey and cook, breaking up turkey with a wooden spoon. Cook until no longer pink.
- Stir in chili sauce, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook, covered over low heat, 15-20 minutes.
- Serve over rolls, dividing mixture evenly.
Recipe and photo from the National Turkey Federation.