- School foodservice directors from the largest districts in the country are planning to gather for a two day meeting during the annual National Frozen and Refrigerated Foods Association (NFRA) meeting in San Antonio on October 15-16
- The nomination deadline for the 2008 FAME (Foodservice Achievement Management Excellence) awards have been extended to October 1st.
- The Foodservice Achievement Management Excellence (FAME) award program is extending its call for nominations to October 1
- Some $100,000 worth of dining carts Duke University Dining Services had planned to deploy at its West Campus Plaza sector have been delayed until at least October
- The Philadelphia School District will end its foodservice contract with Aramark on October 1