Yield: 16 first-course, 8 main course servings
2 15-oz. cans Sea Watch Whole Ocean Clams
1⁄2 cup reserved clam juice
8 oz. pancetta, diced, (or 1⁄4 -inch thick-sliced bacon, diced)
1 cup heavy cream
3⁄4 cup Gorgonzola cheese (about 3 oz.), cubed
2 lbs. gnocchi, prepared
1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Drain clams, reserving 1⁄2 cup of the liquid. Pat dry with paper towels. Reserve.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium- high heat until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside, reserving 1 Tbsp. of fat.
- Add cream and reserved clam juice to skillet and, whisking, bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce by about a third, until slightly thickened. Reduce heat.
- Add Gorgonzola, whisking until melted. Keep warm.
- Just before serving, bring sauce back to a simmer. Add clams and bacon and toss just long enough to heat through.
- Cook prepared gnocchi in large pot of boiling salted water in batches until gnocchi are tender and rise to surface, about 5 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer cooked gnocchi to skillet and toss to coat with sauce. Transfer to platter. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve immediately.
Submitted by Sea Watch International