- North Carolina Central University has seen the cost of renovating its main campus dining hall, Pearson Cafeteria, more than double because officials neglected to account for some state code requirements
- David Davidson is leaving his position as dining services director at Phillips Exeter (NH) Academy to become director of campus retail operations for Harvard University Dining Services.
- The newly renovated Cross Campus Library at Yale University will include the campuss first Yale Sustainable Food Project Cafe
- The newly renamed and renovated Cats Den has been a big hit on the campus of Western Carolina University
- Ball State University will open a completely renovated and expanded Woodworth Commons dining facility on August 15