- New Orleans to Use Central Kitchens
- A Chicago Sun-Times investigative report has found that wealthier school districts in the area offer substantially more entree choices in their school lunch programs than poorer districts
- The University of Alabama plans to add four new food outlets this fall to accommodate more than 4,000 freshman coming on campus with meal plans
- A former school secretary has been indicted for stealing more than $400,000 from the school lunch program in the Concord (NH) School District, according to the Concord Monitor.
- The Lexington 1 district of the Lexington County (SC) School District plans to implement a policy next fall that would provide students whose parents have let their school lunch debts go unpaid to receive a lunch of saltine crackers and a 4-ounce juice bo