4 lbs. boneless turkey breast, thawed
1⁄2 cup soy sauce
11⁄2 oz. cornstarch
1 Tbsp. granulated sugar
1⁄2 cup + 1 Tbsp. pure olive oil
1 Tbsp. chopped garlic in oil
1⁄4 oz. fresh ginger root, peeled, minced
1⁄2 cup dry sherry
1⁄2 cup hoisin sauce
2 Tbsps. granulated sugar
1 Tbsp. sesame oil
1 lb. fresh pea pods
1 lb., 3 oz. fresh 6x7 tomatoes, cut into wedges
Steamed rice as needed
1. Cut turkey into thin strips, slicing on the diagonal.
2. Blend soy sauce, cornstarch and 1 Tbsp. sugar until smooth. Add turkey strips and toss to coat all surfaces. Reserve.
3. Heat oil in large wok or on griddle top on high heat. Add garlic and ginger and stir-fry for about 30 seconds. Add turkey mixture and stir-fry for about 2 minutes or just until turkey is cooked through.
4. In a separate bowl, combine sherry, hoisin sauce, 2 Tbsps. sugar and sesame oil to make sauce.
5. Add pea pods, tomato wedges and hoisin sauce mixture to turkey. Bring to a simmer.
6. Serve with steamed rice.
Recipe from Chef Julie Lampie, MBA, RD, Tufts Dining at Tufts University, Medford, MA. Photo from the National Turkey Federation