- The University of Alabama plans to add four new food outlets this fall to accommodate more than 4,000 freshman coming on campus with meal plans
- The three schools in the town of Dillingham, AK, will receive 4,000 pounds of wild-caught salmon fillets worth about $15,000 in the coming year, courtesy of local fishermen
- The Lansing (MI) School District school board has unanimously voted to reject all previous bids for privatization of its food programs and issue a new request for proposals
- A former school secretary has been indicted for stealing more than $400,000 from the school lunch program in the Concord (NH) School District, according to the Concord Monitor.
- The Lansing (MI) School District has chosen Aramark School Services to manage its foodservice program