- The Miami-Dade County (FL) School Board has voted to expand the district's online lunch payment program to all 367 of its schools
- The Springfield (OR) School Board has voted to sign a one-year, $219,327 contract with Chartwells School Dining Services to manage its foodservice program
- Yale University Dining Services has rejected a proposed meal take-out program that would have expanded the schools on-the-go meal options from its dining halls.
- Lansing (MI) schools will close its high school campuses next school year, keeping more than 4,000 students onsite during lunch periods
- Kentucky has the strongest school food nutrition policy among the 50 states (and the District of Columbia), according to a year-end School Foods Report Card issued by the nutrition advocacy group Center for Science in the Public Interest (CSPI)