1 cup self-rising flour (125 g)
2 Tbsps. sugar
1 /4- 1 /2 cup milk (60-125 ml.)
1 Tbsp. melted butter
3 gold kiwifruit
2 green kiwifruit
4 Tbsps. cream cheese (75 g)
3-4 strawberries or grape
1 /4 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- FOR THE DOUGH: Combine the flour and sugar; then, add enough milk to make a soft dough.
- Pat out on a lightly greased cookie sheet to form a 7 to 8" (18-20cm) circle.
- Flute the edges, if desired.
- Brush the dough with the melted butter and bake for about 12 minutes, or until golden and cooked. Set aside to cool completely.
- FOR THE TOPPING: Peel and slice the kiwifruit into rounds.
- Mash one gold kiwifruit with a fork, and combine it with the cream cheese.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over the finished pizza base.
- Top with slices of the remaining fruit, alternating green and gold slices and filling the center with strawberries or grapes. Sprinkle with nuts.
- The pizza can be briefly grilled and served warm if desired. Alternatively, serve it at room temperature. Excellent served with yogurt or ice cream.
Recipe from Zespri New Zealand Kiwifruit