Yield: 1 ½ cups
½ cup honey
1/3 cup champagne vinegar
1 oz. shallot, finely chopped
1 tsp. salt
½ tsp. black pepper
2/3 cup olive oil
1 lb., 8 oz. honey (2 cups)
1 ½ cups balsamic vinegar
1 cup soy sauce
2 oz. garlic cloves (about 12 cloves)
Olive oil, as needed
24 Portobello mushrooms, cleaned, trimmed
12 oz. Pancetta
3 lbs. mixed bitter greens or mesclun mix
12 oz. Roquefort, crumbled
Chives, as needed, thinly sliced for garnishDIRECTIONS:1. Make the vinaigrette. Whisk together first five ingredients, honey through pepper; whisk in olive oil. Reserve.
2. Make the marinade. Purée the honey, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce garlic and 1 ½ cups olive oil. Reserve.
3. Brush mushrooms with olive oil; grill, turning occasionally, until just tender, about 5 minutes.
4. Pour marinade over mushrooms, gills sides up; marinate in the refrigerator at least 2 hours, basting occasionally.
5. Sauté pancetta until lightly browned; drain well. Reserve.
6. For each serving: toss 2 cups greens with 1 Tbsp. vinaigrette; arrange on a serving dish.
7. Reheat mushrooms on the grill, turning once, about 1 minute. When mushrooms are hot, cut in half vertically through the stem; prop 1 piece on the other over the greens on each dish. Garnish each with 1 Tbsp. pancetta and 1 Tbsp. cheese; sprinkle with chives.SERVINGS:24 servingsFrom:Recipe by The National Honey Promotion BoardPHOTO CREDIT:Photo Credit: THE NATIONAL HONEY PROMOTION BOARD