YIELD: 24 servings
6 cups unsweetened coconut milk
1 3/4 cups soy sauce
9 oz. brown sugar
1.5 oz. Thai red curry paste
7 lbs. 8 oz. chicken breasts, boned and skinned
1/4 cup peanut oil
1 1/2 oz. garlic, minced
1 1/2 oz. Thai red curry paste
3 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
2 1/2 cups chunky peanut butter
3 Tbsps. soy sauce
3 Tbsps. mint, chopped
3 Tbsps. cilantro, chopped
1. In large bowl, combine marinade ingredients.
2. Pound chicken breasts slightly; cut into 1/2-inch strips. Add chicken to marinade. Cover and refrigerate 1 to 4 hours.
3. Peanut Sauce: Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Mix in garlic; sautè 2 minutes. Stir in curry paste; cook 1 minute.Add coconut milk, peanut butter and soy sauce. Heat, but do not boil. Stir in mint and cilantro. (Thin with water, if too thick.) Cover and set aside.
4. Thread 48 bamboo skewers with 21/2 oz. chicken strips each. Place in hotel pan; cover and refrigerate.
5. For each serving, to order: Grill 2 chicken skewers until juices run clear. Plate and serve as an appetizer with 1/4 cup ramekin Peanut Sauce.
Photo credit and Recipe by: Kikkoman