YIELD: 24 servings
1 lb., 8 oz. low-fat plain yogurt
1 lb. feta cheese, crumbled
1/3 cup dill, chopped
1/3 cup mint, chopped
1 Tbsp. garlic, chopped
as needed salt and pepper
8 rounds pita bread, torn into 1-in. pieces
4 lbs. potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-in. cubes
96 each cherry tomatoes
96 slices cucumber, peeled and cut into 1/2-in.-thick slices
12 cups romaine lettuce, cut into 1-in. strips
6 oz. green onions, sliced
6 oz. black olives, pitted and chopped
1. To make dressing: in a blender, puree yogurt, feta cheese, dill, mint and garlic until creamy. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Arrange pita on sheet pan in even layer; bake in 350°F oven about 15 minutes, or until crisp.
3. In large saucepan over medium heat, cook potatoes, covered in 2 inches of water, about 15 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool.
4. For each serving, toss together 1/3 cup pita, 1/2 cup potatoes, 4 tomatoes cut in half, 4 cucumber slices and 2 Tbsps. dressing.
5. Place 1/2 cup lettuce on salad plate; mound vegetable mixture over lettuce. Garnish with 2 tsps. green onions and 2 tsps. olives.
Recipe and photo from United States Potato Board.