- The Alvord (CA) USD has opened a new 30,000-sq.ft. central kitchen/nutrition center complex
- Duval County (FL) Public Schools is opening a new 69,000-sq.ft. central food production center
- Elon (NC) University has opened its new 24,000-sq.ft. Colonnades Dining Hall
- US Foodservice, the second largest foodservice distributor in the U.S., has announced plans to establish a specialized systems division dedicated specifically to serving multi-unit foodservice customers. The new unit, to be called North Star Foodservice..
- Levy Restaurants, a unit of Compass Group, will open a 9,000-sq.ft. high-end destination restaurant as well as a 3,000-sq.ft. grab-and-go eatery in St. Louiss Central West End area, reports the St. Louis Business Journal.