YIELD: 1 loaf (12 portions)
Gluten-free flour blend:
2 lbs. white rice flour
1 lb., 4 oz. tapioca starch
1 lb., 4 oz. soy flour (defatted)
8 oz. whey powder
1 lb. gluten-free flour blend
1/2 oz. salt
1/2 oz. instant yeast
5 oz. sugar
14 oz. sparkling water
6 egg yolks
3 oz. oil
1/4 oz. guar gum
- Prepare gluten-free flour blend. Mix 1 lb. of flour blend with all other dry ingredients. Separately, combine all liquid ingredients.
- Add both combinations to a mixing bowl and mix with paddle for 4 minutes on medium speed.
- Put in loaf pan, egg wash and proof for 45 to 55 minutes. Egg wash again right before baking.
- Bake at 325°F for 50 minutes. Internal temperature should be above 190°F.
- When done, remove from baking pan and cool on rack.
Recipe from Chef Richard Coppedge, CMB, CHE, Professor, Baking and Pastry Arts, Culinary Institute of America, Hyde Park, NY.