Per one serving
For the Ginger Sesame Dressing:
1/4 cup extra virgin, cold pressed olive oil
2 tsp. fresh chopped ginger
1 tsp. fresh chopped garlic
3 red pepper flakes
1 Tbsp. fresh squeezed orange juice
2 tsp. rice vinegar
1 Tbsp. cut scallions
For the Salad:
2 oz. cooked Soba noodles
3 oz. cut romaine lettuce
2 oz. julienne roasted pork
1 oz. shredded red cabbage
1 oz. shredded carrot
3 paper thin slices, cucumber
1 oz. chopped unsalted peanuts
- Prepare dressing.
- Toss dressing with Soba noodles.
- Place marinated noodles on plate.
- Top noodles with cut Romaine lettuce.
- Top lettuce with pork.
- Top pork with cabbage and carrots.
- Place cucumbers through the top center of salad.
- Sprinkle peanuts on salad and serve.
Recipe from Marcel Holland, associate director/chef, Southwestern Vermont Healthcare.