- Levy Restaurants, a unit of Compass Group, will open a 9,000-sq.ft. high-end destination restaurant as well as a 3,000-sq.ft. grab-and-go eatery in St. Louiss Central West End area, reports the St. Louis Business Journal.
- Sodexhos Retail Brands Group subsidiary has opened its first-ever franchised Salsa Rico unit in downtown Philadelphia
- Taher, Inc., has announced that it will eliminate trans fats from all of the food products it serves
- The University of Southern Mississippi has opened its first full-service campus dining venue, the 200-seat Power House restaurant
- J&J Snack Foods Corp. has acquired the assets of Radar, Inc., a manufacturer and seller of fig and fruit bars under the Daddy Rays brand