YIELD: 48 servings
2 lbs. shredded cheddar cheese
12 oz. real bacon bits
6 lb. frozen sheeted pizza dough
5 lbs. 4 oz.eggs, beaten* Seasoning, if desired**
- Heat oven to 350°F. Mix cheese and bacon bits in bowl. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Transfer each pizza dough sheet to a baking pan. Thaw crust 10 minutes, then cut each dough sheet, 3x4.
- Cook and scramble eggs in small batches in spray-coated pan over medium heat until eggs are firm throughout and no visible liquid egg remains. (Or follow your operation's standardized procedure for cooking scrambled eggs.) Keep warm.
- For each serving: Portion 1/4 cup eggs and 2 tablespoons bacon-cheese mixture onto center of each rectangle. Form dough into a cone shape by pinching 2 diagonally opposite edges together. Continue to pinch and twist dough under to form an edge down half of dough. Leave an opening on one side of dough to form cone.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, until dough is cooked and slightly golden and filling is heated thoroughly.
*If using frozen or liquid whole egg product. **Cajun, Mexican, or mesquite seasoning may be added, using up to 1 tablespoon seasoning for 48 eggs. Note: Do not let uncooked egg mixture remain at room temperature for longer than one hour (including preparation and service time).
Recipe submitted by the American Egg Board