Yield: 50 servings
5 lbs., 10 oz. Allens Baked Beans *
5 lbs. 10 oz. Allens Black Beans **
2 lbs. red bell peppers, diced
4 lbs. smoked bacon, diced
2 1⁄2 qts. onion, diced
1 1⁄2 qts. celery, diced
1⁄3 cup garlic , diced
12 lbs. smoked sausage, thickly sliced
2 Tbsps. oregano, dried
1 Tbsp. cayenne pepper, ground
- Reserve baked beans in a large metal bowl.
- Drain black beans and diced red peppers. Add both to reserved baked beans.
- Sauté bacon in large heavy pot or brazier until barely crisp.
- Add onion, celery and garlic to bacon and cook for five minutes
- Transfer bacon mixture to reserved beans with remaining ingredients. Mix well.
- Transfer mixture to 2-inch deep full or half-sized hotel pan(s) prepped with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake in 375°F conventional oven (325°F convection) for about 1 hour.
*Each #10 can of Allen’s Baked Beans yields approximately 7 lbs. 3 oz.
**Each drained #10 can of Allens Black Beans yields approximately 4 lbs. 12 oz.
Submitted by Allen Canning Company