1 /2 cup balsamic vinegar
3 /4 cup +3 Tbsp.chocolate syrup
2 1 /4 cup bbQ sauce
2 lbs.beef petite tenders
1 /4 cup pure olive oil
salt and pepper,to taste
2 1 /2 oz.sour cream
- For chocolate bbq sauce: Mix balsamic vinegar and chocolate syrup together. Add BBQ sauce and mix well. Reserve 1 1/2cups for use as a marinade. Heat remaining Chocolate BBQ Sauce over low heat. Place in warming unit until service.
- Slice beef tenders into about 15 2-oz. medallions.
- Mix chocolate BBQ sauce and beef together, coating the beef well. Set aside.
- Heat saute pan over medium heat. Add olive oil, let heat.
- Saute medallions in oil making sure to brown on both sides, add salt and pepper. Cook to required degree of doneness.
- Place in holding unit until service.
- Place remaining chocolate BBQ sauce in a squirt bottle, squirt about 1/2 oz of the Chocolate BBQ Sauce in circle shapes on the plate. Squirt a dot of sour cream on top of the sauce circles and "pull" the sour cream with a toothpick outward to make a design. Place medallions on top of sauce.
Recipe and photo by Alice Pollard, director, and Anne Whetstone, executive chef, central food production, nutrition services department, Miami Valley Hospital.