YIELD: 12 servings
24 large eggs, beaten
12 oz. lump crabmeat, flaked
12 oz. cooked medium shrimp, peeled
1/4 cup chopped chives
2 Tbsps. Tamari soy sauce
1 Tbsp. garlic chili sauce
1 cup green onions, chopped
1 cup fresh mung bean sprouts
6 Tbsps. vegetable oil
- In large bowl, blend eggs, crab and shrimp.
- Stir in chives, soy sauce, chili sauce, green onions, and bean sprouts.
- In each of two 12-inch oven-proof skillets, heat 3 Tbsps. oil over medium high heat. Add half of egg mixture, about 5 cups, to each pan.
- Cook eggs, tilting pan to let uncooked eggs reach pan bottom, about 8-10 minutes, until omelet is firm throughout with no visible liquid egg remaining. Finish omelet under broiler until golden brown.
- Cut each pan into 6 wedges; serve immediately.
Note: Do not let uncooked egg mixture remain at room temperature for longer than one hour (including preparation and service time).
Recipe from Patrick Lovineau, Test Kitchen Chef, University of Notre Dame.