YIELD: 50 servings
Photo Credit: Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board Inc.
50 whole chicken breasts
34 oz. Wisconsin blue cheese
26 oz. cream cheese
1 1/4 cups walnuts
1 3/4 cups bread crumbs
8 large eggs
1/2 cup chopped parsley
1 1/2 tsps. pepper
Flour, as needed
Butter, as needed
- Bone and skin chicken breasts, pound to even out; set aside.
- Soften cheeses. Combine with walnuts, bread crumbs, eggs, parsley, and pepper; blend thoroughly.
- Place 1/3 cup cheese mixture on one side of the chicken breast. Roll breasts to enclose the filling; secure the breast with toothpicks. Repeat process with all of the chicken breasts.
- Flour the chicken breasts lightly. Sautè the breasts in butter until golden brown (this can be done ahead of service).
- TO FINISH THE CHICKEN: Bake at 375°F for 20 minutes. Remove breasts and let rest 5 to 8 minutes. Slice and serve. Garnish with sautèed julienne vegetables. Optional: Drizzle a Wisconsin blue cheese sauce over chicken.
Recipe provided by the Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.